Job Description & Responsibilities
The selected candidate will form part of a dedicated team. The successful candidate will be expected to produce accounting records and prepare accounting for audit, providing leadership and assistance to junior staff, whilst at the same time receiving support as needed from management.
The main responsibilities shall include, without limitation:
- Carrying out bookkeeping duties and preparing periodic management accounts
- Preparing Financial Statements for audit, in accordance with applicable reporting standards
- Preparing and submitting VAT returns and Recap statements, liaising with the VAT and other departments as necessary
- Meet set deadlines
- Preparing tax computations and following up on tax administration and compliance
- Review the work of juniors and non-departmental staff
- Operating as an effective point of contact for all financial and accounting matters assigned
- Reconcile accounts, cash books etc. as and when necessary
- Preparing and Uploading payments;
- Assisting with any other office and accounting duties as may be required.
- Preparing monthly management accounts for review by Financial Controller prior to sharing with Management Team
Candidate Skills & Abilities
- Be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Excel to advanced level
- Be fluent in written and oral English and Maltese languages
- Have good reporting and research skills
- Be well organised and quick to adapt to company exigencies
- Cultivate a sense of initiative amongst team members with the aim of identifying leaner processes
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be methodical with attention to detail and concern for accuracy
- Be able to work under minimum supervision
- Be able to plan and prioritise the work
- Be a good team player
- Be confident in dealing with customers both external and internal
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Applicants must be in possession of a University degree in Accounting or the ACCA / ACA certification or be in the final stages of attaining such qualifications.
- Applicants must have minimum three years’ experience in a similar position.