Scope of the Role:
Famalco, a dynamic and diversified group of companies, is seeking to recruit a self-motivated, hard-working Accountant to join its diversified and dynamic Group of Companies. The selected candidate will form part of a centralized team and will report to the Business Team Leader.
- Manage financial transactions, from fixed payments, and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets;
- General book-keeping;
- VAT reporting;
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns;
- Liaising with banks, auditors, and other service providers;
- Bank reconciliations;
- Preparation of monthly management accounts;
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment;
- Assisting senior management with any ad-hoc requests;
- Comply with financial policies and regulations;
- Reporting to management on a regular basis.
- University degree in Accounting/ACCA. (Advanced students may apply);
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, general IT, and accounting packages;
- High level of organization and quick to adapt to company exigencies;
- Able to work on own initiative;
- Good time management skills;
- Fluency in written and oral English and Maltese languages;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
Written applications including your current C.V. should be sent, in the strictest confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org