Scope of the Role:
The selected candidate will form part of a dedicated and centralized fundamental team and will report to the financial controller. The successful candidate will ensure that all postings are up to date and all tasks are carried out that will allow management and final accounts to be issued in a timely manner. The accountant will also ensure the smooth running of the day-to-day department activities.
- Assisting in preparation of management accounts;
- Liaise with banks, auditors and other service providers;
- Assist in the audit field work of the Group;
- Handling the finalization of income tax and VAT returns;
- Participate in internal projects, as assigned by senior management;
- Ensure credibility by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts;
- Prepare timely monthly reports;
- Monitoring and planning of financial position, working capital and cash flow;
- Assisting the Financial Controller with any ad-hoc requests.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, general IT and accounting packages;
- Fluency in written and oral English and Maltese languages;
- Excellent reporting and analytical skills;
- High level of organization and quick to adapt to company exigencies;
- Be able to meet deadlines;
- Honesty and trustworthiness;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Applicants must be in the final stages of attaining the ACCA qualification or an equivalent Accounting degree;
- Experience in a similar role is considered a strong asset.
Written applications including your current C.V. should be sent, in the strictest confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org