Scope of the Role:
Famalco is looking for a highly motivated, meticulous and responsible Accounts Executive. The selected candidate would be responsible to post accounting entries and carry reconciliations as directed by the supervisor.
- Processing of purchasing invoices, supplier payments’ preparations and reconciliations;
- Assisting in compiling and preparing the company’s invoices;
- Liaising with debtors/creditors via email and/or telephone in relation to any issues concerning purchases/receipts/payments;
- Postings of general ledger related transactions and other related duties;
- Maintaining regular contact with other departments to obtain information;
- Carrying out administrative duties as assigned by the supervisor;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date office files and records;
- Provide general day-to-day accounting support.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be organized and able to reach targets;
- Be able to take an initiative and act on what’s required;
- Be able to work in a group and liaise with other departments;
- Be accurate and attentive to detail;
- Be comfortable in working in a fast-changing environment.
- A minimum of A-Level standard in Accounting OR alternatively, a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an accounts department;
- Good writing skills in English and Maltese;
- English & Maltese speaking;
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information;
- Knowledgeable in basic computer applications such as MS Word and MS Excel;
- Knowledge of Shireburn computer system is considered an asset;
- Effective organisational skills;
- Hard-working and committed;
- Team player.
Written applications including your current C.V. should be sent, in the strictest confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org