Scope of the Role:
Famalco is looking for a highly motivated, hard-working and driven Pricing Analyst with a focus on the car rental industry. The selected candidate would be responsible for the development of tactical and strategic pricing initiatives to maximize overall customer revenue and align with company objectives whilst monitoring a competitive pricing environment which ensures that the business units’ fares/billing are appropriately positioned.
- Assess performance and initiate fare/billing strategies to capitalize on strengths and mitigate challenges in assigned markets;
- Monitor competitive fare/billing activity and execute appropriate market-level responses based on market performance, quality of service, and company objectives;
- Employ principles of game theory to choose fare actions that will be most beneficial to the company in the context of competitor response;
- Collaborate with Yield Management counterparts on market strategy, providing strategic pricing direction and competitive context;
- Maintain awareness of internal and external factors that can influence demand and use these to inform pricing decisions;
- Communicate our company and competitor pricing actions to Revenue Management and Commercial teams;
- Distribute our company fares/billing to host reservation system;
- Ensure that fares/billing are pricing correctly in each distribution channel;
- Help resolve pricing and fare filing errors;
- Look for ways to improve use of pricing and analysis tools;
- Participate in project planning, process updates; contribute to strategic planning;
- Assist with filing and maintenance of specialty fares, including group, government, loyalty and nonrevenue;
- Assist in the training of new team members.
Education and Experience:
- Up to 2 years of experience in car rental, leasing pricing or yield management preferred;
- A minimum A-Level Standard of education.
- Demonstrated analytical ability in prior role(s) and or significant coursework with analytical focus;
- Refined interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience in a programming language preferred;
- Entrepreneurial attitude, willingness to take ownership and drive for results;
- Comfort working under general direction in an environment where there is not always a clear or correct course of action;
- Skill in distilling relevant facts from large data sets;
- Ability to identify root causes and synthesize responses;
- Capacity to multitask and prioritize among several responsibilities;
- Active listening skills with a willingness to teach and provide constructive feedback;
- Sound judgment and ability to maintain composure under pressure;
- Capability of handling confidential material with discretion.
Written applications including your current C.V. should be sent, in the strictest confidence to: email@example.com