As a Procurement & Inventory Manager, you will be responsible for sourcing equipment, goods, and services and managing vendors. The successful candidate will be able to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers.
- Develop, lead and execute procurement strategies;
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness;
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms;
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation;
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power;
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking;
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks;
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers;
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries;
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand;
- Manage overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of procurement for the facility;
- Implement procurement strategies to maintain the security of supply and optimum value for money;
- Perform all procurement and contracting activities including pre-qualification, tender management, negotiation, and preparation of contracts;
- Set policy and guidelines for delivering commercial and cost-effective procuring processes for the business;
- Develop key relationships with business stakeholders and strategic supply partners to improve business;
- Implement change and develop new processes to better procure goods and services;
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers to obtain the best price and service;
- Ensure principles of value for money, transparency, fairness, efficiency, and accountability;
- Advise senior management on the improved procurement process, management of company assets, and replacement strategies.
- Degree in Business Administration and Management;
- Must have at least 5 years work related experience;
- Fluent in the Maltese Language.
Written applications including your current C.V. should be sent, in the strictest confidence to: email@example.com