We are looking for a Corporate Lawyer to join our team. Reporting to the Managing Director, the role involves providing legal support to the Board of Directors and assisting the Managing and Sales Directors in all legal, regulatory and client matters.
- Carrying out of all necessary legal research appropriately;
- Providing of any necessary in-house training to staff;
- Providing legal assistance to senior management team, particularly in relation to corporate law, trust and estate planning law, regulatory law, international tax law, pension regulations and other laws or statutory provisions, as might impact the business;
- Assisting the Board of Directors in respect of legal and regulatory matters, including day to day contentious matters;
- Providing support and guidance to unqualified legal assistants;
- Assisting client-facing teams with queries;
- Assisting Business Development Managers locally and internationally with queries in respect of products and services provided by the Company;
- Researching relevant laws, regulations, guidance, case law and articles, as to provide accurate and succinct summaries containing suggestions as to how they might be implemented, which are occasionally to be presented to the Board of Directors;
- Assisting the compliance department with AML/CDD/CFT/ABC issues, Data Protection/GDPR issues and other related issues;
- Drafting, reviewing and approving documentation relative to client matters;
- Drafting and reviewing of legal documentation relative to the Company, such as product collateral, marketing materials and non-disclosure agreements;
- Drafting trust deeds and supplementary documents;
- Undertaking administrative matters where appropriate;
- Assisting the managing director in reviewing documents, such as business risk assessments, compliance and regulatory manuals, policies and procedures manuals and similar internal documents;
- Providing assistance and guidance to colleagues in relation to projects where appropriate;
- Assisting with and advising on regulatory, HR, health & safety and employment matters;
- Assisting in property matters, such as by conducting review of commercial leases;
- Liaising with external Counsel;
- Any other duties emanating from the role.
- Applicants must be qualified and warranted lawyers;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a qualified lawyer are essential.
- Must Speak Maltese & English
- Candidates must have good working knowledge on how to operate Word, Excel and e-mail systems;