Purpose of Job
The ICT Administrator will be primarily responsible for the entire Group’s current information and communications network systems including the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software including related infrastructure.
In addition, assist in the strategic planning aimed in meeting future business requirements. Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation across the infrastructure, and within the business related operations to enhance the operational excellence within Famalco Group.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all current IT systems including websites, PCs, operating systems, telephone database, software applications, and peripherals;
- Perform daily system monitoring in order to verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, system-key processes and data, including the verification of scheduled jobs completion such as backups;
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc.;
- Create, change, and delete user accounts as requested;
- Repair and recover from hardware and software failures;
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Administer the communication links and telephone systems;
- Develop and maintain local documentation for hardware and software installation, configuration and maintenance of all ICT systems including licence agreements through a standardised procedure;
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Installation and configuration of hardware and software on users’ PC;
- Oversee provision of IT Support for all the staff;
- To actively participate in any projects assigned by management;
- Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements;
- Negotiate and administer supplier contracts and service agreements;
- Perform other related duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, a Higher National Diploma in IT or equivalent;
- A minimum of 3 year experience in a similar role.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Applications and other systems operated by the company
- Strong project management, organisational and time management skills
- Experience in writing system documentation and system specifications/requirements
- Demonstrated ability to properly develop and maintain accurate documentation
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills;
- Be a team player and able to interact and communicate effectively with all levels in the organisation.