Fleet Executives Duties & Responsibilities
Fleet managers are usually in charge of all facets of the transportation activities of an organisation, including:
- Maintain departmental compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure departmental adherence to applicable laws and regulations.
- Record keeping.
- Manage other employees.
- Schedule, route, maintain, and track transport vehicles.
- Negotiate with suppliers.
- Resolve disputes.
- Analyse the effectiveness of operations.
- Implement and enforce transportation scheduling and policy changes.
In the process of discharging their overarching duty to maintain and enhance customer relations through on-time, safety-conscious, budget-friendly transportation of people, products, or raw materials, fleet managers are also accountable for staying abreast of federal, state, and local regulations affecting their operations; registering and licensing vehicles and keeping inspections up to date; developing procedures to maximize productivity, cut expenses, and minimise mistakes and waste; and working with other managers to meet organizational and budgeting priorities.