Purpose of Job
In the role of Content Writer for the company’s diversified businesses, the candidate will be acting as a corporate storyteller for the brands managed by the Group. In this regard, the candidate must be able to impart relevancy of brand messages through insightful story telling that resonates with target markets. The candidate will have to strategically manage the engagement of the end consumer through the brand’s experiences, philosophy and culture.
- As the Group’s corporate copywriter, candidate has to ensure content is brand consistent in terms of style, quality, tone and optimised for search and user experience in all media channels including online, social media, email, video, print and off-line.
- Edit Group’s in-house publications and assume final responsibility for content, printing and distribution;
- Development, acquisition and management of content, including overseeing of layout and appearance of feature articles
- Gathering data, handling analytics and making recommendations based on these results.
- Leveraging analytics data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to improve engagement
- Establishing work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content.
- Implementation of an appropriate Content Management System.
- Carry out any other duties as required from time to time.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Language Arts or Communications;
- Editing and publishing experience would be highly desirable.
- Experience in social media management and blogging would also be considered an asset.
- Proven editorial skills, excellent, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in English and preferably Maltese;
- A good understanding of how to tell a story using words, images, or audio, and a know how of creating content that draws an audience.
- Skill at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation and distribution strategies and tactics.
- The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns.
- Experience in using Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office applications;
- Fluency in web analytics tools, social media marketing applications and leading social media monitoring platforms.
- Able to manage and balance the content that needs to be shared, able to screen out sales pitches and look for the relevant brand and customer story.