Scope of the Role:
As a full-time In-House Corporate Lawyer, the objective is to work alongside the team and advise management, ensuring legal conformity at all times within the Group’s operations and long-term business goals, primarily offering counsel on legal issues whilst facilitating business strategy development. This position will strongly suit those who are pursuing a warrant or are already warranted lawyers in Malta, having completed an LLM/LLD at the University of Malta or a foreign equivalent. Regardless of legal qualification, fluency in Maltese is required.
The successful candidate will be working alongside colleagues in ensuring legal compliance and limiting risk exposure, whilst also having the opportunity to hone their current legal skills in an extremely dynamic commercial environment.
- Work as a team with other colleagues in handling day-to-day issues and duties;
- Correspond with national authorities and foreign third-party lawyers;
- Review of contracts and agreements with the primary purpose of safeguarding the business objectives within the legal framework;
- Developing and revising policies, procedures and practices to ensure full legal compliance;
- Analyze and identify legal risks and implications;
- Keep abreast of legislative amendments and inform management of changes that may have implications for the Group;
- Other ad-hoc duties cover corporate and legal advisory work.
- Possession of a law degree and having a warrant to practice law in Malta or in the process of obtaining the said warrant;
- A desire to focus on corporate/commercial law in a practical atmosphere;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and spoken Maltese and English. Knowledge of Italian is considered an asset;
- Conversant with Microsoft office applications;
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, litigation, labor law, etc.);
- Knowledgeable of legal obligations within the various sectors that affect the business operations;
- Able to meet tight deadlines under minimal supervision;
- A self-driven, highly motivated, assertive person;
- Able to develop legal strategy and objectives;
- Able to find practical legal solutions to business challenges;
- Able to anticipate legal issues or risks;
- Strong problem-solving, presentation, and organizational skills;
- A high degree of professional ethics and integrity;
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills.
Written applications including your current C.V. should be sent, in the strictest confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org