Scope of the Role:
The Insurance and Claims Officer will be a technical and experienced individual responsible for administering and overseeing all aspects of claims management originating mainly within the freight handling division.
- Administrating claims by analyzing information gathered through investigation and report findings;
- Negotiating claim settlements in collaboration and in accordance with senior management;
- Examining claim forms and other records to determine insurance coverage whilst recommending cost-quality-process improvement opportunities;
- Dealing directly with insurance service providers and other stakeholders by representing the Group within this specific area;
- Assisting and providing guidance to senior management regarding insurance related topics across the Group’s diversified businesses;
- Consulting with attorneys and agents in regards to the disposition of complex claims.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- An eye for detail, self-driven and conscientious individual;
- Strong negotiating, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal communications and negotiation skills;
- Ability to deal with customers in a professional manner;
- Ability to self-motivate and self-start;
- Must be able to effectively work in a team environment.
A proven track record within an insurance handling environment, preferably familiar with logistics operations will be considered an asset.
Written applications including your current C.V. should be sent, in the strictest confidence to: email@example.com