The Insurance and Claims Officer will be a technical and experienced individual responsible for administering and overseeing all aspects of claims management originating mainly within the freight handling division.
Duties and responsibilities
- Administrating claims by analysing information gathered through investigation and report findings;
- Negotiating claim settlements in collaboration and in accordance with senior management;
- Examining claim forms and other records to determine insurance coverage whilst recommending cost-quality-process improvement opportunities;
- Dealing directly with insurance service providers and other stakeholders by representing the Group within this specific area;
- Assisting and providing guidance to senior management regarding insurance related topics across the Group’s diversified businesses.
- Consulting with attorneys and agents in regards to the disposition of complex claims.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- An eye for detail, self-driven and conscientious individual;
- Strong negotiating, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal communications and negotiation skills.
- Ability to deal with customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to self-motivate and self-start.
- Must be able to effectively work in a team environment.
A proven track record within an insurance handling environment, preferably familiar with logistics operations will be considered an asset.