As a Legal Assistant, the objective is to assist the in-house lawyer with the main goals being to ensure legal conformity at all times within the Group’s operations and long-term business goals, primarily offering counsel on legal issues whilst facilitating business strategy development. This position will strongly suit those who are currently reading for an LLB/LLM at the University of Malta or those with foreign legal-based degrees.
The successful candidate will be assisting our in-house lawyer in ensuring legal compliance and limiting risk exposure, whilst also having the opportunity to grow within the legal field.
- Assist the in-house lawyer in day to day issues and duties;
- Correspond with foreign third-party lawyers;
- Review of contracts and agreements with the primary purpose of safeguarding the business objectives within the legal framework;
- Assist with developing and revising policies, procedures and practices to ensure full legal compliance;
- Analyze and identify legal risks and implications;
- Keep abreast of legislative amendments and inform management with changes which may have implications to the Group;
- Basic filing and administrative duties;
- Other ad-hoc duties which cover corporate and legal advisory work.
Education & Effectiveness
- Currently reading for or holding a Law degree in Malta or the EU;
- A desire to learn in a practical atmosphere.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and spoken Maltese and English. Knowledge of Italian considered an asset;
- Conversant with Microsoft office applications;
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, litigation, labour law, etc.);
- Knowledgeable of legal obligations within the various sectors that affect the business operations;
- Able to meet tight deadlines under minimal supervision;
- A self-driven, highly motivated, assertive person;
- Able to develop legal strategy and objectives;
- Able to find practical legal solutions to business challenges;
- Able to anticipate legal issues or risks;
- Strong problem-solving, presentation and organisational skills;
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity;
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills.
Written applications including your current C.V. should be sent, in the strictest confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org