Scope of the Role:
The Quality Assurance Manager will have the overall responsibility to determine and establish procedures and quality standards and to monitor results against agreed targets.
In liaison with business section managers and staff throughout the Company, the Quality Assurance Manager has to ensure that the quality management system is delivering the intended results. Amongst other things this means that customers’ expectations are always met or exceeded and that quality is consistently improved throughout. The Manager will also be involved in providing the training, tools and techniques required to enable others to achieve the set quality standards.
- Acting as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance/quality;
- Working with staff and business section managers to establish in-house standard operating procedures, quality standards, and/or specifications;
- Assessing different business sections’ customer requirements and establishing customers’ charters on the basis of these requirements;
- Where appropriate, ensuring that processes comply with national and international standards;
- Monitoring progress and compliance through regular inspections;
- Coordinating business sections’ efforts towards obtaining quality management systems certifications;
- Liaising with the Human Resources Department in determining training needs to reach set quality standards;
- Advising and reporting to business sections’ Managers and Group management on performance: produce data, reports and presentations on performance of quality management systems.
- Minimum of a tertiary level education qualification;
- A qualification in Project Management would be considered an asset;
- Minimum of five years working experience in Quality Management;
- Excellent observational and analytical skills;
- Leadership and very good organizational skills;
- Be able to manage time appropriately and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to effectively communicate in Maltese and English;
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
Written applications including your current C.V. should be sent, in the strictest confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org