Scope of the Role:
The role of the Route Coordinator is to lead and mentor imports, and exports for a particular route on mainland Europe. Also, one is responsible to ensure the most efficient freight movement and cost effective service as well as compliance with Transportation and Safety regulations. The role entails to meet on-time performance requirements and resolve transportation problems with urgency and professionalism.
- Determine the best route for shipping/deliveries/collections of goods for drivers from Particular Route to Malta and vice versa;
- Liaise with clients, vendors and third parties to ensure shipments meet client requirements and delivered on a timely basis;
- Checking driving hours (for foreign drivers);
- Schedule the movement of shipments with carriers (via truck/sea) to the assigned origin and/or destination points and follow up to ensure timely arrival;
- Co-ordinate work with other departments to ensure operating efficiency;
- Sending detailed lists of imports to the respective warehouses
- Maintain an excellent relationship with the vendors and carrier contacts and ensure they are reliable, available and legitimate;
- Proactively minimize transportation and logistics issues while maintaining professionalism and superior customer service;
- Maintain and update client files, shipment files and carrier information and rates as required;
- Invoice shipments in a timely manner based on the agreed and negotiated tariffs and ensure all paperwork is completed accurately, efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum of a tertiary level education qualification;
- Excellent observational and analytical skills;
- Leadership and very good organizational skills;
- Be able to manage time appropriately and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to effectively communicate in Maltese, English and Italian;
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills;
- Knowledge of multi-state geography especially Mainland Europe.
Written applications including your current C.V. should be sent, in the strictest confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org