Scope of the Role:
Famalco is looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join its diversified and dynamic Group of Companies as Sign Maker/Fitters, to entail signage making an on-site fitting.
- To ensure that the preparation of graphics/signage is completed on time, and to a quality consistent with the required standards;
- Prepare substrates for vinyl application. This may include cutting, painting, laminating, cleaning, and maintaining the respective substrates;
- Manufacture various types of signage which may include the usage of DIY skills, like carpentry, welding, painting, and repair jobs, as well as electrical installation;
- Install various types of signage (internal, small and large external, free-standing, and affixed to existing structures);
- Follow all company procedures for the installation of signage and graphics;
- Efficient interaction with customers and colleagues;
- To follow a layout to place computer-generated vinyl or full-color graphic image/s on a predetermined substrate or medium;
- Weed excess vinyl from computer-cut images;
- Using plotters and printing machines and hand-cutters;
- Measure and calculate sizes and material requirements;
- Perform quality assurance measures pre- and post-production by accurately reading and interpreting a Work Order;
- Proof for errors or unacceptable standards;
- Able to climb on ladders, scaffoldings, scissor lifts, and cherry pickers.
- DIY skills (carpentry & repairs) and knowledge of electrical installations;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Proficient in English and Maltese;
- A team player;
- Able to follow clients’ project requirements;
- Proven experience in a sign-making role would be considered an asset.
Written applications including your current C.V. should be sent, in the strictest confidence to: email@example.com