Scope of the Role:
Forming part of Famalco’s IT team and reporting directly to the Chief Information Officer, the Software Support Analyst is responsible to provide assistance, advice, and solutions for software problems (e.g., operating systems, application malfunctions), investigating problems, identifying their root causes, and suggesting solutions and/or pathways to them.
- Manage and maintain the company’s various software platforms;
- Providing 1st and 2nd line software support;
- Working closely with service providers;
- Handle software-related requests for assistance (problems);
- Troubleshoot software and identify root causes of software problems;
- Analyse software-related issues and propose solutions;
- Fix software problems and test (verify) solutions prior to implementing them;
- Obtain and log customer feedback for the purpose of process improvement;
- Document software support activities thoroughly, accurately, and in a timely manner;
- Make decisions quickly, sometimes with limited information;
- Review work log, and customer feedback periodically with the supervisor to identify and act on opportunities for improvement;
- Provide reports as required to the supervisor.
- Possession of an IT-related qualification is considered an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Thorough understanding of technology commonly used by clients and employees;
- Ability to explain technical problems to nontechnical employees.
Written applications including your current C.V. should be sent, in the strictest confidence to: email@example.com