Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the ICT Support Technician is responsible for maintaining the existing IT systems of the whole group and cooperating with external suppliers and technical service providers. Helps in the planning of new IT systems for internal use as well as for production purposes. They will care for client support as well and ensure the computer systems, telephones and networks are operable and safe.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- Talking staff/clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues;
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults;
- Replacing parts as required;
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications;
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
- Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs;
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate);
- Prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time;
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, e.g., software developers;
- Testing and evaluating new technology;
- Conducting general maintenance pertaining to the IT infrastructure.
Skills and Specifications
- Windows 2016, 2019 & 2022 Server;
- VMware technologies;
- Switching & PABX;
- Problem-solving and decision-making;
- Team worker;
- Good written and verbal communication.
Knowledge and Experience
- Have a minimum 3 years of experience working within an IT support environment;
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows in general;
- Technical know-how in Enterprise IT Equipment;
- Diploma in IT;
- Fluent in English, knowledge of another language preferable.
Written applications including your current C.V. should be sent, in the strictest confidence to: email@example.com