Fritz Energy and Engineering, a subsidiary of Famalco, is looking to recruit a salesperson who is willing to learn and have a deep understanding of the products they will be selling and can effectively communicate the product’s technical features and benefits to non-technical audiences. This role requires a combination of technical knowledge, interpersonal skills, and sales acumen. The ability to simplify complex concepts and build relationships is key to winning the trust of clients and driving sales in a technical environment.
- Product Knowledge: A technical salesperson needs to thoroughly understand the technical aspects of the products or services they are selling. This includes understanding the specifications, features, benefits, and how the product addresses customer needs or challenges.
- Customer Engagement: engage with potential clients to understand their requirements and challenges. By actively listening, you can tailor the sales pitch to highlight how their product meets the customer’s needs.
- Technical Presentations: Technical salespeople need to deliver presentations that effectively communicate the value of their products. They must be able to translate complex technical information into clear, understandable terms for a non-technical audience.
- Problem Solving: Often, customers have specific problems or challenges that they need solutions for. A technical salesperson needs to analyze these challenges and propose solutions that align with the capabilities of the products they’re selling.
- Relationship Building: Building and maintaining strong relationships with clients is crucial. Trust is a key factor in B2B sales, and technical salespeople need to establish themselves as reliable experts in their field.
- Collaboration: Technical salespeople often work closely with the marketing teams. The salesperson will be expected provide valuable feedback from the field to improve and help tailor marketing strategies.
- Negotiation: Negotiating terms, pricing, and contracts is a key aspect of sales. The technical salesperson needs to find a balance between meeting customer demands and ensuring the company’s profitability.
- Market Research: Staying informed about industry trends, competitors, and emerging technologies is essential. This knowledge helps the salesperson position their product effectively and adapt to changes in the market.
- Technical Support: Even after a sale is made, technical salespeople may provide ongoing support to customers. This could involve assisting with product implementation, troubleshooting, and addressing any technical issues.
- Documentation: Keeping accurate records of customer interactions, sales activities, and product details is important for tracking progress and maintaining organized communication
- Degrees in engineering, computer science, business, or a related technical field are considered as a plus. However, having relevant experience can also be valuable.
- Familiarity with the underlying technology, industry standards, and trends.
- Effective sales techniques, negotiation, and communication.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are vital for delivering presentations and engaging with clients.
- Ability to propose effective solutions.
- Customer-focused mindset which permits a tailored sales approach to provide the best solutions.
- Ability to build a network within your industry which provides valuable opportunities for referrals and insights into customer needs.
Written applications including your current C.V. should be sent, in the strictest confidence to: email@example.com