Scope of the Role:
Faceworks Limited forms part of Famalco, a diversified and dynamic organisation. It is currently seeking to recruit Truck Drivers to assist in the transport of inert waste material, aggregate, asphalt, and other materials and/or equipment to various job site locations. The selected candidate will also work in yard areas to stockpile and move materials as needed.
This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of equipment/trucks. Work will be performed per supervisors’ instruction.
- Operating trucks in safe and professional manner on public roads, in yard area and at various job sites to deliver / transport material;
- Inspecting vehicles for safe operation;
- Maintaining daily vehicle mileage logs;
- Loading and unloading equipment or materials;
- Unrolling truck tarp to cover loads when required;
- Communicating with supervisor/s so that an accurate log of deliveries is maintained;
- Properly following company policy and procedure for safe working procedures and environment;
- Obeying applicable laws and following dispatch instructions;
- Keeping vehicle in a clean and orderly condition;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Holding a clean and valid driving licence in category C + C1;
- Mechanical knowledge and upkeep of trucks;
- Experience in the demolition and excavation industry;
- Fluent in spoken English and Maltese;
- Can do attitude, while remaining responsible and honest;
- Able to work independently.
Written applications including your current C.V. should be sent, in the strictest confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org